Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Rest In Peace.

 
#caguniversity #ozgecanaslan #women #rights #change

I 'm very well aware of the fact that life isn't all about laughter and happiness, that cruelty and people with bad intentions exist, but the level of insanity of a person never fails to amaze me in a very bad way. Women, no matter where they may live ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE the right to go out on the street after dark WITHOUT having to feel FEAR or INSECURITY. The news about the girl who was only a year younger than me, was raped and brutally murdered, made me angry, I felt deep sorrow, and a rage, that things like theese SHOULD STOP HAPPENING FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL. I can't and refuse to accept that this could happen to any of, that this keeps happening daily. That women are in danger in their own neighbourhood, on a for example bus. That I'm afraid to go anywhere alone, just because it's dark outside, because mad people are around us, "dressed" as normal human beings...I'm scared for my mother, for my girlfriends, for myself, for every woman around the world. This girl deserved a life, a degree, family, to grow old...and we all deserve SAFETY. Her death will not be forgotten and the man will pay for what he's done. But nobody can give back the life of Özgecan. How many more bullets will we take before action will be born? I don't want my daughter to grow up in a world where she has to fear mad men killing her. I don't know my destiny, but I will do everything possible as an individual woman to help society deal and stop actions like this forever. Rest In Peace #özgecanaslan 

No comments:

Post a Comment